| $22.75 from Connor's piggy bank...the cost of a new Japanese sake set...Scott brought it back from Japan for me about 12 years ago...there are 2 pieces left of the 5 piece set...I searched online to get an idea of replacement cost...found a similar one on Amazon (very entertaining!) for $22.75...so I told Connor that is how much he will need to replace what he broke. He was initially devastated about losing his money...but when he realized that he had some pennies, nickels, dimes and 2 quarters left...he was thinking with the "glass is half full attitude" at that point, which I suppose is good. And then he looked at me and said in a very positive way, "it's a good thing that you have all that money now!" My goal is for him and Scott to go shopping to find a new one, maybe in Chinatown here...so he understands the money is to buy a replacement of what he broke...I also had him help to vacuum and mop up the floor...I was trying to emphasize the safety issue at this point, that we don't want anyone to get hurt! |