Monday, June 7, 2021

25th Anniversary...

It was 25 years ago that we boarded a train from Germany to Denmark to get married. We dated for only a month in person before Scott deployed to Bosnia for an unknown mission on December 24, 1995. Scott gave me the keys to his apartment and to his Jeep, plus Power of Attorney to take care of all things. All the things Commanders tell Soldiers not to do😂 Our families had never met. Only my 13 year old sister Christine had met Scott during her Christmas visit. We were married during his 2-week R&R from Bosnia. Clyde tried to create a poem, but all he had was "Murray, Murray, what's your hurry. Why couldn't you wait a while!" It was a bit of a scandal for me as an American Exchange Student in Germany ...coming home married to an American Soldier. Scott's friends thought I was German, but once they found out this Jersey girl married an Oklahoma boy...I was equally foreign😂 But they accepted and welcomed me regardless. I flew to Oklahoma to meet Scott's parents while he was still in Bosnia. Scott returned to Germany in December 1996. And then my parents flew to Germany (in about February of 1997 if I remember right) to meet Scott. It's hard to believe that it has been 25 years! Happy Anniversary Scott ...here's to another 25 years of adventure!